forum | how active is the club?

how active is the club? 
Posted: 30 March 2008 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-03-30

Hi! I was just out in Carlisle this past weekend to check out the Dickinson school of law and there’s a strong possibility I will attend there this fall. So of course, having been involved with a a couple of swing clubs out of Dayton Ohio for the past few years, the first thing I do when I get home is look to see if there is swing dancing in the area, and I find this site. How active is your club? How are your turnouts for the weekly dances and events? What types of Swing dancing do you teach? Are there other clubs in Harrisburg or the surrounding areas that provide opportunities for dancing? Thanks!

Posted: 29 April 2008 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-04-29

As you can tell by the lack of response, there is not yet much activity on the forums.  As an out of towner myself, I can only tell you that the one Friday night I attended in York was a blast. The usual mix of good and bad dancers, a nice floor and atmosphere with friendly people. I am roughly guessing a crowd of 50people which on some songs made the floor a little crowded. I can not talk for the Saturday Night dance as I have yet to make it out to one.  There is also an informal swing dance on Sunday night that is fun.

Posted: 27 May 2008 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-05-27

Green Door is actually very active. Tuesday nights most would assume to be slow but there is a solid 20-30 people. Saturdays are a different story there are a TON of people at the Green Door then, easily 90 people or more. Now call me crazy but i like Tuesdays much better than saturdays. The floor is more open ( fewer crashes) and people are more personal.

Posted: 28 May 2008 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-03-04

Hey!  In fact, The Green Door is always hopping.  We’re even being featured tomorrow morning on the FOX 43 morning program! 
We have two dances a week and one night a week of practice session.  We usually have nearly 100 people on Saturday nights.  Tuesdays can be as crowded if we have a special event happening. 

In addition, we have national level instructors come in to our studio to teach on an almost monthly basis.  We’re constantly hosting bands and other fun events.  I hope you’ll come out and join us!

‹‹ Shim Sham      long time new look ››